Key points of MLC methodology are:
- Empathy: establishing a strongly personalized bond with the student, truly understanding student´s language and communication needs.
- Application: strictly focusing on student´s language goals, boosting their own appreciation of what they are learning.
- Involvement: applying the acquired theoretical knowledge of vocabulary and language structures within real situations, implicating the student and fostering his/her confidence, accuracy and fluency when communicating in English.
Meet MLC Team…
- Encompass our students’ particular requirements, learning styles and their strengths and weaknesses,
- Are fitted around our students’ abilities, interests and needs,
- Use stimulating materials which inspire the class,
- Embed their invaluable experience and highest level competences in their classes
- Finances, investing and trading
- Hospitality Management
- Marketing and Sales
- Business Studies and Business administration
- IT systems
- Business Development
- HR and Recruitment Management
- Communication Skills
- BA and MA in English language and literature with multicultural background
- CELTA / TEFL / TESOL Certification for Business English
- CELTA / TEFL / TESOL Young learners Certification
- Specialized courses in Pronunciation, Grammar and Professional and Academic Writing.
- Business English
- Official Exams
- English for Specific Purposes – Professional English
- English for babies and Au-Pair, Young learners and Teenagers
- Family English
UK, Ireland, USA, Brasil, Japan, Spain …
Meet some of our clients
Escuela Universitaria de Turismo CETA, Universitat de Girona, TELEFONICA, Zurich Seguros y Reaseguros, Generali, Caixa Catalunya, INDRA (Europraxis), Sogeti España, Clariant Iberíca, Reig Jofre, L´Idem (L´Institut d´Ensenyament Multimedia), Hidalgo Consultores, , ALG Consulting, ACC10 CIDEM | COPCA (Competitivitat per Empresa, Generalitat de Catalunya), Ajuntament de Barcelona, Bufete Becerra, Nestlé España, Gallina Blanca, Intermon Oxfam, Manpower, Universitat de Barcelona, Education First, Birchman Group, Intelligence Dossier Partners, Atrian Technical Services, Birchman Consulting, ATRIUM… and a wide range of clients from various sectors such as academics (linguists, pharmacists, economists, teachers of tourism, management …), lawyers, doctors, managers, actors, consultants, film makers, administrators, managers, Human Resources professionals, real estate agents, pilots, flight attendants, and tasting wine experts and other professionals.
Founder of MLC
Jelena Helen T. Colak, the creator of mylanguagecoach.net, is a one-to-one coach, English business communication skills trainer and creative teaching material writer. In her almost 20-year career as a professional English teacher, she has worked with many well-known national and international companies. She currently runs her own MLC team of professional teachers, incorporating her teaching methodology and training her English team to obtain the best results with their English language students.
ACADEMIC AND PROFESSIONAL EDUCATION
- Currently working on the Ph.D. thesis in comparative literary studies at the English and German Philology Department, University of Barcelona, Spain.
- MASTER OF ADVANCED STUDIES: (DAS), CULTURES AND LITERATURES, scored EXCELLENT, English and German Philology Department, the University of Barcelona. Barcelona. Spain.
- English Phonetics course, University College London, London. United Kingdom.
- Bachelor Degree in English language and literature, Faculty of Philology. University of Belgrade. Belgrade. Serbia. Diploma legalized by the Ministry of Education and Science in Madrid, 14th June, 2004).
- Teacher Training Events, Oxford University Press, Barcelona (2004 – 2011)
- Teaching CEF Exams to Children, British Council, Barcelona (2004)
- Teaching Business English, Barcelona
- Ph.D. Thesis: The Ecofeminist Reading of The Secret Garden by F. H. Burnett and Rose of Mother-of-Pearl by G. Olujic
- DAS: Postmodern Women’s Reality in Allen’s Another Woman, Renan’s La Soledad Era Esto and Stojanović’s Premeditated Murder: From a Narrative to a Narrating Subject
- Cultures of the Caribbean and India: a. Marlene Nourbese Philip . Harriet.s Daughter; b. Harold Sonny Ladoo . No Pain Like this Body; c. Michael Anthony . Cricket in the Road and other Stories; d. Earl Lovelae . The Schoolmaster; e. Edgar Mittelholzer: A Morning at the Office; f. Merle Hodge: Crick Crack Monkey
- Postcolonialism: Australia and the Aboriginals: Antipodean Indigenous Cultures: Haunted by Their Past
- Multiculturalism and genres in the US: Landless Boy vs Nameless Man. From Individual to Collective Identity
- Narrative and Cinema: The Age of Innocence . A perspective
- Contemporary British Theatre: Lacan.s .Mirror Stage. in David Hare.s The Breath of Life. A Perspective
- Creator and sole owner of MyLanguageCoach.net
- International Department coordinator and Erasmus program, University College of Tourism CETA, University of Girona, (June 2013 – present)
- Creator, business partner and manager of Links&Lynx, Language Center S.L., Barcelona, Spain (2006 – 2013)
- Associate university professor, English and German Philology Dept., University of Barcelona, Barcelona, Spain (2008 – 2011)
- History of English Language,
- Contemporary English Language I,
- Academic Writing
- CAMBRIDGE EXAM CERTIFICATE TEACHER AND TEACHER TRAINER: KET, PET, FCE, CAE, CPE, BEC
- BUSINESS ENGLISH COURSE DESIGNER, TEACHER AND TEACHER TRAINER
- ENGLISH FOR SPECIFIC PURPOSES COURSE DESIGNER, TEACHER AND TEACHER TRAINER
- RADIO AND TV PRESENTER, NEWS READER AND JOURNALIST;
- TRANSLATOR, INTERPRETER, PROOFREADER;
- PROJECT MANAGER, SPANISH RED CROSS;
FULL MULTILINGUAL COMPETENCE: ENGLISH, SPANISH, SERBIAN
CONVERSATIONAL COMPETENCE: FRENCH, CATALAN